22 Mar Step 3 – On Page Optimization – Headings
- Every website page should have 1 x H1.
- Do not have multiple H1’s on a page.
- The H1 should be focused on your main keywords and the main topic of that particular page. It is viewed as an important ranking factor.
H2 / H3 / H4 Headings:
- Subsequent headings following the H1 can be marked as H2, H3 or H4.
- You can have multiple H2’s, H3’s or H4’s.
- As basic as it sounds, use headings to make it easy for the user to navigate through and comprehend the page content.
- Do not use the same keywords in all headings.
- Do not use headings to stuff more keywords into your content.