19 Mar Step 2 – On Page Optimization – Meta Descriptions
A meta description is the text that is displayed in search results under the page title. Here is a few tips to writing a good meta descriptions:
- Write the meta description with the user in mind. It should accurately reflect the content on the page and entice the user to click through to your site from the search results.
- Include a call to action or an appealing bit of information.
- Do not stuff the meta description with keywords
- Aim for a length of 150 – 160 characters.
- Every page on a website should have a unique meta description.
Lawyers SEO will review your meta descriptions as part of the initial site audit, and suggest changes if necessary.